One of the key features includes the ability to provide contemporary technology over an IP
backbone, and also overcome the limitations of any PBX systems, since no PBX system offers
long loop driver capabilities and that no PBX system shall be able to connect to telephone
sets over such long (4-8 KM) distances.
An E1 integrated channel bank solution
(with an E1 PRI (Q.931) ISDN Interface on the E1 side) provides upto 30, FXS Ports on the
customers side - which shall connect to upto 30 customer's telephone sets (each connection
can have as many a two / three telephone sets / extensions in parallel, depending on their
distance from the E1 PRI ISDN channel bank.
The E1 end of the channel bank with the E1
PRI (Q.931) ISDN Interface shall connect to your Cisco AS5350 E1 Router(s) / Call
Manager(s), through the E1 PRI (Q.931) ISDN Interface(s). The AS5350 E1 Router(s) / Call
Manager(s), shall carry the Voice Over IP traffic and then inter-connect on your IP
On the customer side, the E1 PRI integrated channel bank solution shall provide 30, FXS
interfaces (each of which shall drive upto an 800 Ohms FXS loop - which shall be 4-8 KM,
depending on the cable gauge being used on the analog plant) and connect to analog
telephone sets at the customer's premises.
The FXS ports shall provide the dail-tone to the customer's telephone sets and accept DTMF
dialing from customer's telephone sets.
How does this work?
On the CALLING SIDE, the customer pick's up the
handset to make a call. The FXS port provides the dial-tone. The customer dials the number and the call is transmitted through
the E1 port of the integrated E1 PRI (Q.931) ISDN channel bank to the E1 PRI ISDN Port of
the Cisco VoIP Router / Call Manager and the call is processed, accordingly.
On the RECEIVING SIDE the call, which had been processed by the Cisco VoIP Router / Call
Manager is received over the IP backbone and routed to the RECEIVING SIDE. The E1 PRI ISDN
Port of the Cisco VoIP Router on the the RECEIVING SIDE alerts the RECEIVING SIDE that a
call is being received and the corresponding FXS port of the CALLED NUMBER provides a
75VRMS RING signal to the customer's telephone set and makes it ring. When the customer
answers by picking up the handset the ring disconnects and the call is established.
- It is a cost-effective solution, since
the Cisco equipment connects to external equipment through E1, PRI ISDN ports. The
long-loop FXS drivers are an intergared part of the E1, PRI ISDN channel bank which
provides the FXS ports with dial-tone and an integrated 75VRMS ring generator (required to
ring a telephone set over such a long loop).
- It is less expensive.
- The proposed solution is a compact solution - thus less prone to faults. Modular and
easy to service.
- Using simple FXS line drivers require the duplication of the FXS circuits that already
exist on the analog ports of the Cisco equipment - if that is used. This not only
increases the possibility of equipment failure but also increases the size and the bulk of
the equipment that shall be required to be used. This also results in higher costs shall
cost more and be less efficient.
- The E1 integrated channel bank solution offers and provides the capability to drive
not just the FXS loops over a longer distance by providing the extra current and voice
amplification over a longer analog spans, but integrates a HIGH CAPACITY RING GENERATOR
which delivers a 75VRMS, un-balanced ring-signal which shall be required to provide a ring
current and voltage to a telephone set over such a long loop.
- Fully protected as per the ITU-T standards against external induced voltages from
power cables etc. that shall be common to such long-haul FXS loops.
- Shall connect to upto 30 customer's telephone sets (each connection can have as many a
two / three telephone sets / extensions in parallel, depending on their distance from the
E1 PRI ISDN channel bank.
- Features of the E1, PRI (Q.931) ISDN channel bank include:
- TE / NT mode switchable
- CALLER ID display facility
- TCP/IP telnet remote access
- TEI value - user selectable
- The VCL-PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN) Multiplexer bridges the gap between the analog and the
digital E1 world by providing an intelligent interface to connect E1, PRI ISDN to 30
analog telephone sets. VCL-PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN ) Multiplexer is an ideal choice for
Corporate and ISP customers who wish to connect their equipment with E1, PRI ISDN digital
interfaces to analog telephone sets.
The VCL-PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN ) Multiplexer
shall interface to the E1, PRI ISDN port of any Switch / Server / PBX using PRI ISDN (Euro
ISDN) signaling as per ITU-T Rec. Q.931 to interconnect up to 30, analog interfaces to the
E1, PRI ISDN port.
E1 PRI ISDN with Cisco
E1 PRI ISDN with Qunitum
E1 PRI ISDN - Call Center Application
- Available interface is FXS.
- VCL-PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN) Multiplexer uses PRI ISDN (Euro
ISDN) signaling in accordance with ITU-T Q.931 recommendations.
- NMS Card with Telnet support
- VF (Voice Frequency) specifications are in accordance with
G.712, ITU-T recommendations.
- Ideal choice for corporate and ISP customers, who wish to
connect their fully digital PRI ISDN networks to analog telephone sets.
- CALLER ID: Supports / provides DTMF caller ID on all 30 (
FXS) analog circuits.
- Management System for monitoring and system configuration.
- Compliance with all relevant ITU-T (CCITT) recommendations
- 3U high, compact construction
- Extensive set of alarms
- Synchronization to different user selectable clock sources
(User Selectable Priority Assignment)
- Available with E1, PRI ISDN 2Mbps interface or fractional
E1, PRI ISDN interface.
||Standard 19 inch DIN rack
||3U (133.22 mm)
|Core System (Common Equipment)
of Interface Cards
|Control Card 1 & Control Card 2
(Remote / Subscriber)
|Power Supply Card
|Connectorized Backplane &
|19 inch Shelf
ISDN (Euro ISDN) Multiplexer - Product Brochure (PDF)
VCL-PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN)
Multiplexer - Technical Specifications