Valiant's years of experience in providing
telecom transmission solutions to customers worldwide, located in over 80 countries, has
been build in to providing a cost-effective - yet an intelligent E1 channel bank solution.
The VCL-CB E1 Channel bank offers all
types of analog interfaces including FXO, FXS and 2W/4W E&M interfaces, that may be
required to connect to an E1 digital interface of a VoIP, VoFR and VoATM Gateway.
The E1 Channel Bank shall interface to the E1 port of any Server / Switch / VoIP Gateway /
PBX using R2 CAS (R2 Digital) Signaling (R2 Channel Associated Signaling) as per ITU-T
Q.421 / Q.422 recommendations, to connect up to 30 analog interfaces to an E1 port.
Switch / Server / VoIP Gateway Application
The cable plant of most telecom service
providers is not designed to deliver E1 services to customers in most parts of the world.
The VoIP Gateway / Switch / Server / PBX with an E1 interface, thus, in such cases can
only be accessed through dial-up, 2 wire analog lines, the only available link for
connecting the Exchange (Central Office) to the Corporate PBX Networks and VoIP Gateways.
Valiant's VCL-CB intelligent E1 Channel Bank is especially useful in countries,
where the cable plant is not equipped to deliver digital E1 services to the customer, who
are using the next generation access equipment, which can only connect to an E1 interface.
The E1 Channel Bank solution is
available in two versions
|The first E1 channel bank VCL-CB-BR provides answer supervision when
the called party answers, upon receiving an actual battery reversal of the PSTN analog
Both, the line connect and disconnect
functions are provided using the actual battery reversal function of the PSTN analog line
(e.g. much like your coin pay-phones).
Available with FXO, FXS and E&M
|The second E1
Channel Bank VCL-CB-INT is an intelligent E1 Channel Bank that provides the metering
function using Voice Activity Detection (VAD) to provide voice activated "answer
supervision" and "disconnect supervision". The VCL-CB-INT intelligent
E1 Channel Bank uses a sophisticated DSP algorithm to "listen" to the PSTN line
for "voice activity" and will provide "answer supervision" information
to initiate the metering process.
The VCL-CB-INT E1 Channel Bank is
available with FXO interfaces which shall connect to the analog PSTN (POTS*) lines from
the local Exchange / Telco / Switch.
* POTS: Plain Old Telephone Service
- Used for terminating long distance traffic on PSTN lines that
"Support" or "Do Not Support" "Battery Reversal / Polarity
Reversal" (Answer Supervision).
- Uses sophisticated DSP algorithms to provide Voice Activity
Detection (VAD) to provide "Answer Supervision" to initiate metering and
"Disconnect Supervision" feature to "Disconnect hung / stuck PSTN
- Ruggedized equipment design.
- Provide complete protection against the line card failures
occurring from induced voltages from AC power lines and lightening strikes and other
difficult field conditions.
- VF (Voice Frequency) specifications are in accordance with
G.712, ITU-T recommendations to provide clear voice.
- Ideal for traffic termination for corporate and ISP customers,
who wish to connect their fully digital networks to the PSTN, through the available analog
dial-up PTT lines.
- Ideal for connecting to PSTN.
- Also used in conventional applications to deliver voice over
an end-to-end E1 (radio / fiber / HDSL) links.
- Available with FXO, FXS and 2W/4W E&M customer interfaces.
- Compliance to all the relevant ITU-T recommendations.
- Modular, 3U high, compact construction provides easy
- Plug & Play - easy to install equipment.
- Extensive set of alarms
- Available with easy to use Windows based Graphical User
- Synchronization to different user selectable clock sources.
- Remote Access through TCP/IP (for remote configuration and
monitoring - available as an optional extra).
- Available with an E1, 2Mbps interface or a fractional E1
interface (to even start service with less than 10 lines).
Ordering Information for VCL-CB-INT intelligent
E1 Channel Bank
Composition: (Common Equipment)
Chassis with connectorized backpanel
Power Supply Card
Interface Card (Control Card)
|FXO (Central Office Interface Card)
FXO interface cards - connect to the analog PSTN (telco)
FXS interface cards - connect to analog telephone sets.
E&M interface cards - connect to E&M switches / interfaces.