16 Port Plus T1 Groomer - VCL-MegaConnect-Jr. for Hi-Z non-intrusive monitoring
VCL-MegaConnect, the T1 (also available in E1) 16 Port Plus Hi-Z Monitoring Groomer is available for special non-intrusive monitoring (high impedance) applications in which T1 (or E1) ports can be connected to monitoring / billing equipment for non-intrusive monitoring of live traffic or signaling, required by billing servers etc.
The 16 T1 Port Groomer for Hi-Z Monitoring provides upto 8 T1 links (16 T1 Ports) plus 4 additional spare T1 ports (Normal-Z) to connect to the measurement-probe, billing servers etc.
In the monitoring mode the Groomer provides the user a total of 16, T1 (or E1) ports. 16, T1 ports connect to the “live traffic” T1 links which are to be monitored, non-intrusively (Hi-Z) in both transmit and receive directions. 4 additional T1 (or E1) ports connect to the monitoring equipment, such as billing servers etc.
The T1 Groomer (and E1 Groomer) are capable of monitoring a -20dBdsx (0.3Volt Pulse) T1 (or E1) signal through a Hi-Z path, without in any way distrubing the live T1 (or E1) traffic that is required to be monitored. The T1 (or E1) connector(s) shall be RJ45 100 Ohms (for T1) and 120 Ohms for E1 and a "Y" cable is provided (included) to connect T1 (or E1) Groomer equipment to the T1 (or E1) ports that are required to be monitored.
The equipment offers the user with complete flexibility to choose and select time-slots from each of the 8 T1 links that are being monitored, without limitation or restrictions, through the internal TSI non-blocking switch (data received by the equipment's 16 T1 receivers) and then aggregate the selected time-slots to the 4 output T1 ports that shall connect to the test probes etc.
The VCL-MegaConnect, 16 Port T1 monitoring groomer, occupies only a 2U high rack-space, and is a complete 19-inch standalone unit. The unit operates on a -48VDC input power-supply (AC input adapter is optional for AC mains operation).
The system is supplied with an easy to use Windows (95, 98, Me, XP) Graphical User Interface that provides the user a complete control to prepare multiple configuration "maps" and store them as easy to read data files. It may also accessed using CLI (Command Line Interface) through a Serial (COM) Port of a PC using HyperTerminal text commands. Dry contact relay alarms are also available at rear of the system to connect the system to external audio and visual alarms outputs.
The VCL-MegaConnect, 16 Port T1 monitoring groomer also has a TCP/IP Access feature which allows the Groomer to be connected on a TCP/IP network (10/100 Base Interface) for remote access for configuration and monitoring using Telnet.
- 16 T1 (or E1) ports
- Stratum 3 clock
- Monitoring and Grooming applications
- Available with TCP-IP access facility for remote monitoring & access
Indications and Alarm Monitoring
- Loss of incoming signal at any T1 Port
- Configuration Error Alarm
- Clock Status
- 1 to 8 channel LED indicators to indicate the status of each T1 channel
- +3 Volts Power Supply
- -48VDC present
- Configuration Error
- Specifying the priority sequence for clock selection
- Enabling or disabling T1 channels (masking) of the T1 channels that are not is use
- Creating a cross - connect between T1s (and E1) at DS-O level (single time-slot level) using the Windows based, easy to use GUI
- Telnet interface for remote programming
- Clock Selection
- Status of alarms
- Enabled / Disabled status of T1 channels
- Monitoring of the VCL-MegaConnect status and configuration.
- 16 Ports (plus 4 ports for connecting to monitoring equipment) T1 monitoring groomer
- Monitoring of “Live Traffic” on T1 links which are to be monitored, non-intrusively (Hi-Z) in both transmit and receive directions.