Features and Highlights
- Voice & Data Multiplexer with all types of Voice, Data, C37.94 Teleprotection and Layer 2 Ethernet Switch interface options
- Designed for seamless integration of the “Legacy” and the “Smart Grid”.
- Provides a bridge and an easy migration path between the “legacy” and the “Intelligent”
- Uses E1 over Packet-Optical technology to transport legacy Voice, Data, IRIG-B Time Code and Teleprotection Channels over Packet-Optical links.
- < 2ms latency for point-to-point E1 and Teleprotection channels.
- Delivers error free transmission of E1, 2-wire and 4-wire Voice, Synchronous and Asynchronous
Data, C37.94 Teleprotection and IRIG-B time over Ethernet / IP / MPLS-TP networks with Stratum 2 level (with GPS synchronization), or with Stratum 3E level (without GPS synchronization) accuracy.
- Integrated IEEE C37.94 Optical Teleprotection Interfaces.
- Integrated IEC-60384-1 compliant, 4 x Command Teleprotection Interfaces with user selectable 110VDC / 220VDC Command and Switching Voltage options.
- Integrated, 4 x IRIG-B interfaces to provide time-of-day synchronization to IEDs and RTUs from a single central GPS source with 0.5 micro-second (500 nanosecond) accuracy.
- Uses IEEE-1588v2 PTP synchronization technology for Time-Of-Day and Frequency synchronization.
- 2.048 MBits and Phase-Locked 2.048 MHz Frequency Outputs for accurate synchronization clock distribution over the entire network.
- Multiple user side Fast Ethernet, Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Gigabit Ethernet Port options for audio (VoIP) and video conferencing applications.
- 1+1 Network Link Protection / Network Port Redundancy on both 'East' and 'West' side.
- Designed for use in Packet-Optical, MPLS and Wireless transmission networks. The transmission mediums can be either / both of the following:
- Optical Fiber (1000Base SX/LX Optical Fiber Links)
- Wireless (Ethernet Radio Links).
Interfaces and Services available from each unit:
- 8 x E1 / T1 Interfaces
- Teleprotection IEEE C37.94
- FXO, FXS, Hotline
- E&M (2W/4W)
- V.11, X.21, V.35, V.36, EIA530
- Relay I/O Contacts
- Analog Telephone Sets
- Analog PBX
- 18 x 5 Way Voice Conferencing
- IEDs from Multiple Vendors
- 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet
- 10/100BaseT with PoE
- IEEE-1588v2 PTP
- 4 x IRIG-B
- NTP Client
- Surveillance Cameras
- IP Phones
- Network Video Recorder
- Video Conferencing
- Time Displays / Clocks
- Public Address Systems
Network and User Interfaces:
Uplink Network Interfaces
User Side Interfaces
- 8x10/100BaseT Ethernet (includes 4 x 10/100BaseT PoE - Power over Ethernet) Ports
- 8x 100BaseFX Optical Ethernet Ports (SFP)
- 8x E1 Interfaces
- 4x IRIG-B outputs
- FXO, FXS,
- E&M (2-Wire and 4- Wire),
- FXS-FXS. (Hot-Line),
- Ring Generator (75V RMS).
- Asynchronous: RS232 / RS485 / V.24 / RS422 / V.28
- Synchronous: G.703 / V.35 / V.36 / X.21 / RS530 / V.24 / V.11 / V.28
- Other: Relay I/O (Dry Contact)
- C37.94 Optical Interfaces for direct connection to Optical C37.94 Distance Protection Relays
- 4 Command, IEC-60384-1 compliant, Integrated Teleprotection Card – 4 x User selectable - 110VDC / 220VDC Teleprotection Commands
- IEEE-1588 V2 (2008) for Frequency and Time-of-Day synchronization
- IEEE-1588 Clock synchronization to an external GPS based PTP Grandmaster, or within the network in an automatic PTP Master / Slave mode
- 1 PPS from a qualified GPS source
- User selectable PTP IEEE-1588v2, Internal Clock, Adaptive, Loop-Timed and External 2.048 MBits Clock synchronization options
- User defined clock priority options
- RS232 serial console port, USB console port
- In-band Ethernet (Telnet, SSH and TFTP) management
- Automatic updating of RTC (Real Time Clock) time - RTC shall update itself at user defined intervals from a GPS PTP Grandmaster or an NTP Server
- Supports command line interface with predictive command completion
- User friendly GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Supports IEEE802.1x security, Password Protection
- Maintains the history for all successful log-in and failed access attempts for security audit purposes
- SNMP V2 Traps
Power Supply Options
- Dual Redundant Power Supply Options
- 1+1 DC (-48V) power (40 to 72V DC).
- 1+1 DC 110-125V power (90 to 135V DC) - Using external DC-DC Converter.
- 1+1 AC power (100 to 240V AC, 50/60 Hz) - Using external AC-DC Converter.
- EMI/EMC compliant