Network Element Software:
STM-1 (with 14 E1) with any one interface card (E3 / DS3 / 8 Port 10/100BaseT Ethernet)
Next generation SDH multiplexers to provide multiple services from E1 tributaries (software configurable as E1) and 1 E3/DS3 tributaries (software configurable as E3 or DS3) or an 8 port 10/100Base-T Ethernet interfaces.
The STM-1, VCL100CPE (with E1) and with one tributary interface card (E3 / DS3 / Ethernet) is an ultra-compact and cost-effective customer premises bandwidth provisioning STM-1 SDH multiplexer equipment designed to meet low or medium capacity bandwidth service demands.
Following tributary choices are available:
- E1s (standard part of equipment / chassis) with (any one of the following) E3 or DS3 or 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
- The chassis is 19" rack or wall mountable as per customer requirements.
VCL100CPE Network Element Software
The VCL100CPE node is managed through the embedded NES (Network Element Software). The main capabilities of NES are listed below:
- Switchover to redundant power supply in the event of any hardware fault.
- Auto Recovery after Input Power Failure in a redundant system
- Node-wise Operations & Maintenance
- User programmable severity levels for Alarms
- Node-wise Alarming & Remote Login.
- Performance monitoring as per the standard specifications (G.826).
- In-service monitoring of El tributaries.
A standard NES Software starter package enables all of the above.
User can access and control all of the above-mentioned features using a standard Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) based web browser. The Ethernet interface on the base chassis is to be used as the physical data connection for this purpose. NES also allows users to control remote nodes using the web browser interface. For this purpose we use SDH DCC bytes for carrying the management information to the remote node.
To provide network wide management and control of VCL100LT nodes through industry standard Network Management Systems, users can enable the Simple Network Management Protocol interface software module (NES-SNMP). This module provides open interfaces which can be, also be used by Network Management System (NMS) which is separately.
- 10/100 Mbps half-duplex LAN interface for NMS data connection to VCL100LT node (RJ45 connector).
- RS232C Craft interface for local Command Line Interface data connection.
- 2 wire analog telephone interface for Engineering Order Wire (E l or E2 bytes access) with omnibus calling.
- In-band control channel supported for remote management (F2 & F3 bytes used from POH).