Next generation SDH multiplexers to provide multiple services from E1 tributaries (software configurable as E1) and 1 E3/DS3 tributaries (software configurable as E3 or DS3) or an 8 port 10/100Base-T Ethernet interfaces.
The STM-1, VCL100CPE (with E1) and with one tributary interface card (E3 / DS3 / Ethernet) is an ultra-compact and cost-effective customer premises bandwidth provisioning STM-1 SDH multiplexer equipment designed to meet low or medium capacity bandwidth service demands.
Following tributary choices are available:
- E1s (standard part of equipment / chassis) with (any one of the following) E3 or DS3 or 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
- The chassis is 19" rack or wall mountable as per customer requirements.
This unique product supports end-to-end provisioning and management of voice and data services across all the segments of the optical network - from the customer premises to the core. It combines innovative optical networking software with the intelligence of SDH to deliver a flexible solution to today's service providers. The VCL100CPE can be configured as a Terminal Multiplexer (TMUX) or an Add-Drop Multiplexer (ADM), with E1, E3, DS3 or 10/100 Ethernet Interface service interfaces and trunk interfaces at STM-1 rate.
- Cost-effective multi-service box for customer premises
- Support for terminal multiplexer and add-drop multiplexer configurations
- Support for E1 / DS1, E3 / DS3 and 10/100BaseT tributaries
- Support for MSP and SNCP protection.
- Complete integration into NMS for a true end-to-end network solution
- -48V DC powered
- 19" rack or wall mountable
- Power failure interrupt and power hold for graceful shutdown
- Laser failure detection
- Laser on/off control for safety requirements
- Real time clock (RTC)
- Disk and Flash for non-volatile storage of configuration
- LED test button / signal
- Ethernet and craft interfaces for NMS / External control channel
- Order-wire capability
- Alarm contacts
- Provision for separate System Reset and Processor Reset
- External power inputs
- E1 drops or E3 / DS3 or 10/100 Ethernet tributaries
Redundancy and Protection
- Software redundancy for terminating and restarting critical processes with no service disruption
- High network resiliency using robust protection mechanisms like 1+1 MSP and SNCP/li>