VCL-STM-1, VCL100MC-1 (upto 63 E1)
The VCL100MC-1 STM-1 (upto 63 E1) with E3, DS3, 10/100BaseT Ethernet interfaces is a compact, modular, and cost effective STM-1 SDH multiplexer equipment designed to manage bandwidth and provide E1 or fractional E1, voice and data access service over STM Networks. The STM-1 offers both electrical STM-1 (1+1) and optical STM-1 (1+1) interfaces. It is customized for the traffic demands, in the access network, typical of residential or business customers. The product supports end-to-end provisioning and management of services across all the segments of the optical network. It combines innovative optical networking software with the intelligence of SONET/SDH to deliver a flexible, cost-effective network solution.
VCL100MC-1 (upto 63 E1) with E3, DS3, 10/100BaseT Ethernet interfaces is a 3U height multi-card chassis system that provides flexibility to the customers in terms of expansion to support additional client interfaces by adding new modules in the field.
The system has two STM-1 optical / electrical interfaces in the aggregate side and allows for upto 3 tributary add-on cards. The following tributaries are available as add-on cards for the chasis:
- E3/DS3 tributaries (software configurable as E3 or DS3)
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet (IEEE 802.3)
- STM-1e/140Mbps tributary interfaces (software configurable).
The STM-1 / STM-4 can be managed through an integrated NMS that manages all the equipment, providing customers with end-to-end provisioning from a single platform for multiple service types - from E1/DS1s, E3/DS3s, E4/STM-1e, STM-1o and 10/100Mbps Ethernet services.
- Next generation access SDH multiplexers to provide multi-service solutions at the edge.
- Support for both TDM and data traffic services.
- Flexible set of configurations to meet customer's different service requirements.
- Brings the power of Intelligent Optical Networking from core to access.
- VCL100MC-1 STM-1 Multiplexer with:
- Add/Drop, Terminal Multiplexer, Cross-connect and Regenerator configurations
- E1/DS1, E3/DS3, STM-1e / 140 Mbps and 10/100 Mbps Ethernet tributaries
- Built-in cross-connect capabilities at VC-12 and VC-3 granularity
- Support for AU-3 and AU-4 mapping
- Rate adaptive Ethernet services for easy control of bandwidth with 2Mbps granularity.
- Supports MSP and SNCP protection.
- "Point-and-click provisioning" of E1/DS1, E3/DS3, E4, STM-1 and 10/100 Ethernet Interfaces for ease of management (optional).
- Optional hardware redundancy for power supply.