Features and Highlights
E1 Echo Canceller - Highlights
- Compact E1 echo canceller solution in 19 inch, 1U high (44mm height) chassis and accommodates 1, E1 echo canceller with telnet, per shelf.
- Provides voice echo cancellation of up to 64ms Bi-Directional / 128ms Uni-Directional - User Selectable / User Programmable.
- Meets ITU-T G.164, G.165, G.168 (2000 / 2002) requirements for echo cancellation.
- Signaling protocols supported:
- 30B+D PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN) signaling,
- 31B (31 voice channels) with out-of-band signaling,
- R2 CAS Signaling,
- SS7 signaling (on any user selected time-slot),
- All signaling options are User Selectable / User Programmable.
- Allows digital data transmission on user-selected time-slots.
- The echo canceller supports fax / modem G.164 and G.165 (2100 Hz) tone disable.
- Carrier-grade voice quality per AT&T Voice Quality Assessment Lab.
- Remote access through telnet over LAN / TCP-IP link (10/100BaseT).
- Local access through COM port (RS232 serial port).
- Easy to use text based CLI commands for management and configuration.
- Adjustable gain/loss settings on all channels. Provides the user the flexibility to adjust and optimize the voice, transmit and receive levels.
- Non-Linear Processor with Comfort Noise Insertion.
- E1 link by-pass on power failure. This feature helps to maintain the link integrity even in the event of power failure.
- Option for user to select voice echo cancellation or digital-data transmission selectively on each time-slot for selective echo cancellation. This feature allows the user to use selected time-slots for data transmission to enable digital data / CCS signaling transmission.
- Transmission (data mode), while keeping the echo cancellation "ON" on the remaining time-slots (voice mode), on which echo is required to be cancelled.
- Ensure echo canceller maintains excellent performance at all times in presence of tones or signals including DTMF tones.
- Fully integrated independent 30-channel voice echo canceller.
The echo canceller equipment offers fault recovery feature. It offers automatic by-pass upon power-supply failure (i.e. it offers E1 circuit by-pass in the event of power supply failure).
Remote Monitoring and Control
- Remote access through telnet over LAN / TCP-IP link (10/100BaseT)
- Local access through COM port (RS232 Serial Port)
Unique E1 Echo Canceller Features:
USER PROGRAMMABLE TAIL-SIDE: Echo cancellers are always required to be installed, such that, the tail-side of the echo-canceller always faces towards the source of the echo. Our E1 echo-cancellers have a User Configurable tail-side so that the USER may remotely change the direction of the tail-side of the echo canceller - without having to physically change the E1 connections on the echo-canceller card.
USER PROGRAMMABLE SIGNALING OPTION: The E1 echo cancellers supports the following signaling protocols: Signaling protocols supported: 30B+D PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN) signaling, 31B (31 voice channels) with out-of-band signaling, R2 CAS Signaling, SS7 signaling (on any user selected time-slot). All signaling options are User Selectable / User Programmable. Allows digital data transmission on user-selected time-slots.
USER PROGRAMMABLE DEDICATED DATA CHANNELS: The User my specify / define the dedicated data channels so that they are ALWAYS and COMPLETELY BYPASSED from the echo-cancellation circuitry - leaving those specifically assigned dedicated time-slots for digital data transmission (including video transmission).
The E1 echo canceller supports 2100 Hz fax / analog data modem tone detection and echo canceller disabling on all channels.
Applications for the E1 Echo Cancellers
- Wireless: GSM, CDMA, TDMA, PCS, and Cellular Base Stations.
- Digital Circuit Multiplication Equipment (DCME) : Satellite Communications and Multiplexers.
- PCS, cellular, mobile, and digital cordless wireless systems.
- PBX and central office systems.
- Datacomm: Voice Over Frame Relay, Voice Over ATM, and Voice Over Internet.
- Voice over ATM, Frame Relay or packet switching systems and fax transmissions.
- Central Office and PBX: Network Trunks, Echo Canceller Pool, Common Equipment and Audio Conferencing Bridges
- Voice over datacomm including voice over Internet (VoIP), voice over ATM (VoATM), and voice over Frame Relay (VoFR).
- Voice Over Frame Relay
- Voice Over ATM
- Voice Over Internet / LAN
Central Office and PBX Applications
- Network Trunks
- Echo Canceller Pool
- Common Equipment
- Audio Conferencing Bridges
Voice Over ATM Applications
- A multi-channel echo canceller resource or pool is shared among many channels to reduce cost
- Echo cancellation is done at a DS0 level
Satellite Communications Applications
- Digital Circuit Multiplication Equipment (DCME)
- GSM, CDMA, TDMA
- Digital Cordless and Cellular Basestations
Voice Over Frame Relay, ATM Applications
- Frame Relay and ATM routers and switches introduce large, variable, and unpredictable delays.
- Echoes from the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) in combination with the delays from Frame Relay and ATM equipment yield objectionable speech quality.