- 100 BaseT Ethernet and 100Base-FX optical to DS3 conversion
(Ethernet over DS3).
- Remote LAN applications
- Remote LAN over Wireless DS3 application
The Ethernet over DS3 converter may be
accessed by the user for configuration and monitoring through a Windows based GUI that is
shipped with the system. It may be also accessed remotely over a TCP-IP network.
Q1. What is the maximum Ethernet frame size in bytes, that this product
will support over a DS3 link?
A1. The maximum Ethernet frame size in bytes for the Ethernet over DS3 is
Our Ethernet over DS3 solution supports Jumbo Frames: Our equipment is equipped with a
Committed Information Rate controller (CIR) which manages any data overflows through its
100MHz SDRAM controller which interfaces to a 32-bit wide 128 Mbit SDRAM. The SDRAM is
used to buffer the data from the Ethernet and WAN ports for transport. It can accommodate
up to 8192 frames with a maximum frame size of 2016 bytes to prevent any data overflows,
or loss of packates in the event of a data burst.
Q2. Can this product utilize an unframed DS3?
A2 The product provides both unframed DS3 and framed DS3, which is
Why we are better?
Our Ethernet over DS3 equipment offers the following necessary features that similar
equipment from the other manufacturers do not offer or support......
We offer the option of Framed DS3 as well as
Un-Framed DS3 option. The framing option is user programmable and use may select the DS3
interfaces as Framed DS3 or Un-Framed DS3.
Note: Enabling the Framing option becomes essential when you inter-connect and use the
equipment over an Sonet/SDH network. If you connect an Un-Framed DS3 interface of the
equipment to a Framed DS3 network interface, the network is likely to show an error on the
- We offer 4x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet interfaces in
accordance with IEEE802.3, RJ-45.
- We also offer 3x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet
interfaces + 1x100Base-FX full duplex optical ethernet interface accordance with
Dual -48V DC (1+1) power input options
Our equipment allows the user to connect to,
configure and manage the equipment remotely over a TCP-IP network. Most of the
equipment being offered by the competetion does not offer this feature.
Our equipent supports efficient handling of
data, even during data bursts. Our product design provides a very large buffer data
storage capacity to allow for and handle any data bursts very efficiently.
Supports Jumbo Frames: Our equipment is
equipped with a Committed Information Rate controller (CIR) which manages any data
overflows through its 100MHz SDRAM controller which interfaces to a 32-bit wide 128 Mbit
SDRAM. The SDRAM is used to buffer the data from the Ethernet and WAN ports for transport.
It can accommodate up to 8192 frames with a maximum frame size of 2016 bytes to prevent
any data overflows, or loss of packates in the event of a data burst.
Flow control is a part of basic ethernet communication protocol and the TCP-IP flow
control protocol ensures that an optimum flow control is maintained at all times.
Note # 1: It is essential that the two routers / servers be operating in the same IP
domain (subnet), since the Ethernet Over DS3 converter simply interconnects two LANS over
a DS3 link. The Ethernet Over DS3 converter does not do any routing function. It simply
provides a bridge to inter-connect two LANs over a DS3 link.
Note: The equipment should always be installed and used in pairs - with each unit to be
installed at either end of the DS3 link.
Features and Highlights
- Ethernet interface to DS3 44.736 Mbps converter.
- 4x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet interface in accordance
with IEEE802.3, RJ-45.
- 3x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet interface +
1x100Base-FX full duplex optical ethernet interface accordance with IEEE802.3.
- Framed and un-framed DS3 options available.
- Local and Remote access and monitoring with either RS232 or
10/100BaseT for remote management over TCP-IP network.
- Power Supply: -48V DC or 110V AC power supply options
- Dual -48V DC (1+1) power input option.
- Full duplex Auto
Equipment Maintenance and
- Serial Management Port (RS232) –
- TCP/IP - 10/100 BaseT for remote
management over a LAN / TCP/IP network
- SNMP V2 (MIB File provided with
- Telnet - CLI (Command Line
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Network Management System (to
monitor multiple units from a single central location).
Indications and Alarm
- DS3 Loss of Signal
- Loss of DS3 frame (in framed DS3 mode)
- Loss of incoming signal at 100 BaseT Ethernet
- Loss of ethernet packets, errored ethernet packets,
over-sized ethernet packets and under-sized ethernet packets log.
- Configuration Error Alarm
- Clock Status
- +3 Volts Power Supply
- -48V DC present
- Configuration Error
- Telnet interface for remote programming and monitoring by
using CLI text commands
- Easy to use programming using Windows based GUI.
- Status of alarms on DS3 interface.
- Status of alarms on 100BaseT interface.
Number of Interfaces
||Upto Four interfaces
100BaseT limited to DS3 transmission rate
||User Programmable HDLC
and LAPS mapping
||RJ45 (100 BaseT Electrical)
Number of DS3 Interfaces
||* Meets ANSI T1.404
* M13 or C-bit parity
||Shape Meets ANSI T1.102-1993
|Signal Level to clear Loss
of Signal condition
|Signal Level to clear Loss
of Signal condition