VCL-2145-SLV IEEE-1588v2 Slave Clocks
IEEE-1588 Slave PTPv2 Precision Time Protocol,
Slave Clock solutions for ToD (Time-of-Day) and Frequency Synchronization
VCL-GPS-2145, Primary Reference Clock and IEEE-1588 Grandmaster with NTP Server is a high precision, multi-service, cost efficient, time and frequency synchronization solution which can be used to provide ITU-T, G.811 reference frequencies which are referenced to a GPS source, as well as to synchronize the time-of-day and frequency across all nodes of the network. The VCL-GPS Receiver has an integrated, high bandwidth NTP Server engine that is capable of handling up to 5000 NTP requests per second. Multiple IRIG-B Outputs are also provided to synchronize local clock (time-of-day) display units as well as RTUs to a central timing source with nanosecond accuracy.
The VCL-GPS-2145, Primary Reference (PRC) Clock is specifically designed for the synchronization of 2G, 3G and LTE mobile telecommunications networks as well as backhaul wire-line SDH / SONET and Synchronous Ethernet networks. It may be also used by Railways, Airports (including air-traffic control), power generation and distribution companies and other utility companies who not only require a highly precise time-of-day and G.811 frequency synchronization locked to a GPS Reference but who also need to distribute highly precise time-of-day and frequency synchronization across all nodes of their networks.
The VCL-GPS-2145 is always locked to a GPS reference to provide multiple G.811 / Stratum 1 quality frequency and time-of-day (IRIG-B and NTP) outputs. The VCL-GPS-2145 is also equipped highly accurate, low-noise OCXO / Rubidium oscillator which provides a high stability, G.812 holdover quality typical of an SSU in the event of the GPS signal or its antenna failure.
Available in two Version:
|1. GPS, PTP IEEE-1588v2 Grandmaster and Primary Reference Clock
|VCL-GPS-2145, Primary Reference (PRC) Clock
||VCL-GPS-2145, Primary Reference (PRC) G.811 Clock. Provides 1PPS, NMEA, 1/5/10MHz, 2.048MHz, 2.048Mbits with SSM, 1.544Mbits Frequency Outputs with High Stability OCXO and Rubidium (G.812) Holdover Clock options.
VCL-GPS-2145, Primary Reference (PRC) G.811 Clock and PTP Grandmaster (IEEE-1588v2) with NTP Server. May be used in multi-service applications as a G.811, Primary Reference (PRC) Clock as well as a IEEE-1588v2 Grandmaster and NTP Server (IPv4 and IPv6). Provides IRIG-B, 1PPS, NMEA, 1/5/10MHz, 2.048MHz, 2.048Mbits with SSM, 1.544Mbits GPS referenced outputs. OCXO and Rubidium (G.812) Holdover Clock options available.
|2. PTP (IEEE-1588v2) Slaves
|VCL-GPS-2145, (IEEE-1588v2) PTP Slave for ToD (Time of Day) and Frequency Synchronization
||PTP (IEEE-1588v2) Slave - synchronizes to PTP Grandmaster to provide IRIG-B, 1PPS, NMEA, 1/5/10MHz, 2.048MHz, 2.048Mbits outputs. OCXO and Rubidium Holdover Clock options available.
|PTP (IEEE-1588v2 Slave) for ToD (Time of Day) Synchronization. PTP (IEEE-1588v2) Slave - synchronizes to PTP Grandmaster to provide IRIG-B, 1PPS, NMEA, 2.048MHz, 2.048Mbits outputs.
Features and Highlights
- Reliable, Cost-Efficient Reference GPS Receiver
- 50 Channel GPS, L1 frequency, C/A Code Receiver
- Simultaneous tracking of up to 12 GPS satellites
- ITU-T G.811 Primary Reference (PRC) Clock
- GPS locked G.703 compliant E1, 2.048MBits, 1.544Mbits and 2.048 MHz outputs
- Primary reference and holdover functionality:
- ITU-T G.811 / Stratum 1 compliant (PR) Primary Reference when locked to GPS
- ITU-T G.812 compliant holdover
- SSM Message format Compliant with ITU-T G.704. Optional GR-378-CORE for SONET Networks.
- 1/5/10 MHz output
- 1 PPS outputs
- IEEE-1588v2 Precision Time Protocol Grandmaster
- PTP Grandmaster support for up to 32 PTP Clients
- Nanosecond accuracy
- IRIG-B outputs
- Standard RJ45 and BNC connectors for all inputs and outputs
- ToD compliant to NMEA 0183 (DB9 Serial Port).
- High bandwidth NTP Server capable of supporting up to 5000 NTP requests per second.
- Separate, independent, IEEE-1588 and NTP Server engines
- IPv4 and IPv6 compatible NTP Server
- SSH, Telnet, Radius, SNMP V2 MIB
- Password Protection
- Redundant AC and DC power supply options
- 4, 10/100/1000BaseT Network Interface Ethernet Ports
- 2 x 10/100/1000BaseT Network Interface Ethernet Ports
- 2 x 1000BaseSX/LX Network Interface Ethernet Ports
- VLAN and Packet priority feature - allows the user to assign priorities to different types of clients
- Supports QoS, 802.1p based packet priority.
- Supports 802.1Q based VLANs.
- Power Contact and Lightening Protection as per Telcordia GR-1089-CORE.
Typical Synchronization Applications:
- Synchronizing Cellular networks like UMTS, GPRS, 3G and LTE
- Power generation and distribution companies and other utility companies
- Wireless and Wireline Telecom synchronization
- Distributing Time (ToD) and Frequency reference for power utilities across all nodes of the network
- Synchronization of Defense Networks
- Synchronizing airports and aviation communications
- Synchronizing railway signaling networks and railway communications
- Synchronizing traffic management
- Broadcasting Network and Broadcast equipment synchronization.