VCL-2145-D, GPS, PRIMARY REFERENCE CLOCK, PTP GRANDMASTER AND NTP SERVER
VCL-2145 (VCL-2145-D) is a high-performance, high-reliability GPS Primary Reference Clock and IEEE-1588v2 PTP Grandmaster that provides ITU-T G.811 Primary Synchronization Frequency References which are locked to a user selected Satellite source.
The VCL-2145 (VCL-2145-D) Satellite Receiver also has an integrated, high bandwidth NTP Server engine that is capable of handling up to 5000 NTP requests per second. Multiple IRIG-B Outputs are also provided to synchronize local clock (time-of-day) display units as well as RTUs to a central timing source with nanosecond accuracy.
The VCL-2145 (VCL-2145-D), Primary Reference (PRC) Clock is specifically designed for frequency synchronization of 2G, 3G, HetNet and LTE mobile telecommunications networks as well as backhaul wire-line SDH / SONET and Synchronous Ethernet networks. It may be also used by Railways, Airports (and air-traffic control), Power generation and distribution companies and other Utility companies who not only require highly precise G.811 frequency synchronization locked to a GPS Reference but who also need to provide an accurate time-of-day reference in their networks.
The VCL-2145-D incorporates up to dual (1+1 redundant) GPS receiver engines and dual (1+1 redundant) power supply options for added reliability which are always locked to a user selected satellite (GPS) reference to provide multiple G.811 / Stratum 1 quality frequency and time-of-day (PTP, NTP and IRIG-B) outputs. The VCL-2145 is also equipped highly accurate, low-noise OCXO / Rubidium oscillator which provides a high stability holdover clock that is typical of a Network SSU in the event of the GPS signal, or its antenna failure.
|VCL-2145 (VCL-2145-D), GPS Primary Reference (PRC) Clock
|VCL-2145, GPS Primary Reference (PRC) G.811 Clock
||Provides 1PPS, 1PPM, NMEA, 1/5/10MHz, 2.048MHz, 2.048Mbits with SSM, 1.544Mbits Frequency Outputs with High Stability OCXO and Rubidium (G.812) Holdover Clock options.
|VCL-2145, GPS Primary Reference (PRC) G.811 Clock with NTP Server
||May be used in multi-service applications as a G.811, Primary Reference (PRC) Clock and NTP Server 1/5/10MHz, 2.048MHz, 2.048Mbits with SSM, 1.544Mbits GNSS referenced outputs. OCXO and Rubidium (G.812) Holdover Clock options are available.
Optional:GNSS: GPS, GLONASS, GPS+GLONASS, GPS+SABS (ISRO-GAGAN).
Features and Highlights
- Reliable, Cost-Efficient Reference GPS Receiver
- 50 Channel GPS, L1 frequency, C/A Code Receiver
- Available with 1+0 (VCL-2145, without GPS redundancy) and 1+1 (VCL-2145-D, with GPS redundancy) options
- Tracks up to 12 GPS Satellites
- Concurrent tracking of up to a total of 34 Satellites
- ITU-T G.811 Primary Reference (PRC) Clock
- GPS locked G.703 compliant 1.544Mbits, 2.048MBits, 2.048 MHz 1 PPS and 1 PPM outputs
- SSM Message format Compliant with ITU-T G.704. Optional GR-378-CORE for SONET Networks
- ITU-T G.811 / Stratum 1 compliant (PR) Primary Reference when locked to GPS
- Primary reference and holdover functionality:
- ITU-T G.812 compliant holdover
- Leap Second Support
- MD5 authentication for NTP clients
- 1/5/10 MHz output
- 1 PPS and 1 PPM
- IRIG-B outputs
- Standard RJ45 and BNC connectors for all inputs and outputs
- ToD compliant to NMEA 0183 (DB9 Serial Port)
- LCD display with back light.
- IEEE - 1588v2 PTP Grandmaster
- High bandwidth NTP Server capable of supporting up to 5000 NTP requests per second
- IPv4 and IPv6 compatible NTP Server
- SSH, Telnet, Radius, SNMP V2 MIB, Password Protection
- Redundant AC and DC power supply options
- 4, 10/100/1000BaseT Network Interface Ethernet Ports
- Power Contact and Lightening Protection as per Telcordia GR-1089-CORE.
Typical Synchronization Applications
- Synchronizing Cellular networks like UMTS, GPRS, 3G and LTE
- Power generation and distribution companies and other utility companies
- Wireless and Wireline Telecom synchronization
- Distributing Time (ToD) and Frequency reference for power utilities across all nodes of the network
- Synchronization of Defense Networks
- Synchronizing airports and aviation communications
- Synchronizing railway signalling networks and railway communications
- Synchronizing traffic management
- Broadcasting Network and Broadcast equipment synchronization.