Ethernet over 4 E1 Converter (IP over TDM)
Valiant Ethernet over 4E1 Converter allows the user to send Ethernet data, between two points, over E1 Links. E1 Interfaces are 75 Ohms / 120 Ohms. Ethernet Interface options may be ordered as 10/100 Base-T Electrical Ethernet or 100Base-FX Optical Ethernet over 850nm / 1310nm / 1550nm single mode optical fiber interfaces.
Data Sheet (PDF)
Power Point Presentation (PPS)
This equipment is available in 4E1, 8E1 and 16E1 Port versions.
The equipment must be always installed and used in pairs, with one terminal being installed at either end of the E1 Link.
The VCL-Ethernet over 4E1 Converter is an Ethernet extension device, which utilizes TDM telecom infrastructure (the telecom network of E1s, or of PDH, SDH and E1/E3/SDH microwave etc.) for carrying Ethernet data. It converts the Ethernet data into E1 frame format for transmission over the existing TDM (E1) links and then re-converts the E1 back into Ethernet data at the far-end terminal, to BRIDGE two Ethernet LANs over the existing E1 based telecom network. The device can effectively utilize the existing TDM network to transport Ethernet data at low investment.
The equipment may be used for the following purposes:
- Bridging Ethernet LANs over existing TDM (E1) telecom network.
- Extending Ethernet networks utilizing TDM (E1) landline based telecom infrastructure.
- Interconnecting DSLAMs to Central Routers over PDH/SDH
- Interconnecting IP based GSM base stations
- Interconnecting WiMAX base stations
- Using telecom network of E1s / PDH / SDH microwave etc. carrying E1s to transport Ethernet data.
Features and Highlights
- Provides 4 E1 interfaces
- Provides 4 Ethernet 10/100Mbps (Elecrical) ports for each converter
- Supports 802.1 based QoS feature.
- Supports base priority classification for incoming 802.1Q packets
- Supports IEEE 802.1p standard recommended Class of Service traffic categorization
- Supports 802.1P priority classification for ingress packets
- Provides 4 different user selectable ratios (0:1, 1:2, 1:5 and 1:10) for delivery of high and low priority packets
- Supports 802.1 p based classification of 802.1Q based VLAN Packets which provides a mechanism for implementing Quality of Service (QoS).
- User selectable ports for enabling / disabling the QoS service
- Supports port based priority if the Equipment fails to classify the 802.1Q packets
- Supports port based Ethernet bandwidth limit for ingress traffic
- Port based Ethernet limit allows user to provide different speed for the different customers to utilize bandwidth according to their requirement
- Optionally provides 3 Ethernet 10/100Mbps (Elecrical) ports and 1 Ethernet (Optical) port for each converter
- E1 supports three working modes of transmission. Un-Framed/Transparent, Framed, CAS / PCM 30 format
- Supports VCAT (virtual concatenation) and LCAS (link capacity adjustment scheme) protocol, and complies with ITU-T G.7042 specifications
- Mapping to E1 complies with ITU-T G.7043 and G.8040 specifications
- Supports differential delay of up to 120ms on E1 links
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 specifications
- Support VLAN tagging as per 802.1Q
- Supports X.86, LAPS and HDLC transmission protocols
- Supports 100M full-duplex mode
- Configurable frame length upto 1916 bytes (MTU size)
- Supports GFP-F encapsulation complying with ITU-T G.7041
- The maximum transmission rate of Ethernet data over 4 E1 links is 7.68Mbit/s with four routes E1 completely utilized
- Provide smooth adjustment of bandwidth
- Provides Loss of Frame alarms
- Provides error frame statistic
- Supports automatic removal and addition of E1 links
- Available with MAC address list filtration, learning, and updating functions
- A large external SDRAM buffering for handling data bursts
- E1 Interfaces support errors count
- Tolerant for drift of E1 signal of up to 512UI.
- Error code correction and automatic protection and recovery of E1 channel.
- Network management function. The main function of network management system is to fulfill the inquiry for local and remote devices and configuration management including inquiry of alarm status on E1 line, Ethernet working status, and loopback control etc.
- Automatic ethernet negotiation function. Supports 10M/100M and working modes of both full-duplex and semi-duplex.
- Transparently transmits ultra-long frames stipulated in IEEE 802.1Q, and supports Ethernet switches with VLAN function.
- Supports two synchronization clock modes, Internal Clock and Network Clock (Loop-Timed Clock)
- Imbedded, dynamic Ethernet MAC address list (5000 addresses), and filter function for local data frames.
Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Serial Management Port (RS232) – COM Port
- TCP/IP - 10/100 BaseT for remote management over a LAN / TCP/IP network
- SNMP V2 (MIB File provided with the equipment)
- Telnet - CLI (Command Line Interface)
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Network Management System (to monitor multiple units from a single central location).