16 Port Plus E1 Groomer - VCL-MegaConnect-Jr. for Hi-Z non-intrusive monitoring
VCL-MegaConnect, the E1 (also available in T1) 16 port Hi-Z Monitoring Groomer is available for non-intrusive live traffic monitoring (high impedance) applications in which E1 (or T1) ports can be connected to monitoring / billing equipment for non-intrusive monitoring of live traffic or signaling, required by billing servers etc.
The 16 E1 Port Groomer for Hi-Z Monitoring provides upto 8 E1 links (16 E1 Ports) plus 4 additional spare E1 ports (Normal-Z) to connect to the measurement-probe, billing servers etc.
In the monitoring mode the Groomer provides the user a total of 16, E1 (or T1) ports. 16, E1 ports connect to the “live traffic” E1 links which are to be monitored, non-intrusively (Hi-Z) in both transmit and receive directions. 4 additional E1 (or T1) ports connect to the monitoring equipment, such as billing servers etc.
The E1 Groomer (and T1 Groomer) are capable of monitoring a -20dBdsx (0.3Volt Pulse) E1 (or T1) signal through a Hi-Z path, without in any way distrubing the live E1 (or T1) traffic that is required to be monitored. The E1 (or T1) connector(s) shall be RJ45 120 Ohms (for E1) and 100 Ohms for T1 and a "Y" cable is provided (included) to connect E1 (or T1) Groomer equipment to the E1 (or T1) ports that are required to be monitored.
The equipment offers the user with complete flexibility to choose and select time-slots from each of the 8 E1 links that are being monitored, without limitation or restrictions, through the internal TSI non-blocking switch (data received by the equipment's 16 E1 receivers) and then aggregate the selected time-slots to the 4 output E1 ports that shall connect to the test probes etc.
The VCL-MegaConnect, 16 Port E1 monitoring groomer, occupies only a 2U high rack-space, and is a complete 19-inch standalone unit. The unit operates on a -48VDC input power-supply (AC input adapter is optional for AC mains operation).
The system is supplied with an easy to use Windows (95, 98, Me, XP) Graphical User Interface that provides the user a complete control to prepare multiple configuration "maps" and store them as easy to read data files. It may also accessed using CLI (Command Line Interface) through a Serial (COM) Port of a PC using HyperTerminal text commands. Dry contact relay alarms are also available at rear of the system to connect the system to external audio and visual alarms outputs.
The VCL-MegaConnect, 16 Port E1 monitoring groomer also has a TCP - IP Access feature which allows the DACS to be connected on a TCP/IP network (10/100 Base Interface) for remote access for configuration and monitoring using Telnet.
- 16 E1 Ports
- Stratum 3 clock
- Monitoring and Grooming applications
- Available with TCP-IP access facility for remote monitoring & access
Indications and Alarm Monitoring
- Loss of incoming signal at any E1 Port
- Configuration Error Alarm
- Clock Status
- 1 to 8 channel LED indicators to indicate the status of each E1 channel
- +3 Volts Power Supply
- -48VDC present
- Configuration Error
- Specifying the priority sequence for clock selection
- Enabling or disabling E1 channels (masking) of the E1 channels that are not is use
- Creating a cross - connect between E1s (and T1) at DS-O level (single time-slot level) using the Windows based, easy to use GUI
- Telnet interface for remote programming
- Clock Selection
- Status of alarms
- Enabled / Disabled status of E1 channels
- Monitoring of the VCL-MegaConnect status and configuration.
- 16 Ports (plus 4 ports for connecting to monitoring equipment) E1 monitoring groomer
- Monitoring of “Live Traffic” on E1 links which are to be monitored, non-intrusively (Hi-Z) in both transmit and receive directions.