Features and Highlights
- Teleprotection with 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional digital data interface option for transmission over 64Kbps data link
- Unrivaled Speed, Security and Reliability
- Use in a Standalone, Point-To-Point Application
- Use as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network
- 1+1 Route / Path Protection when used as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network.
- Compact, standard 19-Inch Rack-mountable, 2U high chassis.
- Bi-directional Transmission of 8 command Inputs and 8 command outputs
- Full Duplex Operation
- Automatic loop test facility
- User programmable for Direct Tripping, Permissive Tripping and Blocking Protection Schemes
- Compliant with IEC 60834-1 standards
- IRIG-B / NTP Time Synchronization
- Available in 48V DC, 110V DC and 250V DC configurations.
- 8 Command Teleprotection Terminal
- (8 Nos. Tx & Rx independent command inputs & outputs for providing interconnection with Protection Relays).
- Available power options: 48V DC, 110V DC, 250V DC.
Flexibility and User Programmability
- User programmable command holding delay for error resistant command inputs
- User programmable command sampling rate for error resistant command transmission
- Less than 3ms command transfer time
- Less than 4ms relay operating time
- Less than 7ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time) in 64 kbps, G.703 Co-directional 4 wire data interface mode.
Event and Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Event Logging.
Management and Monitoring
- RS232 serial, USB serial interfaces for local terminal access
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface for remote access over an IP network
- Encrypted Password Protection
- Telnet - Remote access over IP links
- SSH - Secured remote access using Secure Shell Protocol over IP links
- SNMP Traps and NMS for real time remote monitoring and management over an IP network
- Automatic Link Test feature – link testing at user programmable periodical intervals
- Visual I/O status – LED Display.
- Advanced Communication Protocols to ensure reliable transmission of commands
- Power Supply Immunity to withstand impulse surges and transients of up to 10,000 Volts
- High Quality Relays – withstands voltage 10 kV between coil and contacts (1.2 × 50 μþs)
- Maximum Switching Voltage: 400V AC or 300V DC
- Optoisolated Command Inputs
- Optoisolated Relay Outputs
- Relays - Mechanical: 10,000,000 operations min. (at 18,000 operations/hour).
Error Detection and Coding
- Line Code Violation Detection
- LOS Detection
- Block Command Encoding as per IEEE C37.94.
Application # 1: Teleprotection over 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional data channel (over SDH / PDH Network)
Figure # 1 – Typical Application over a 64Kbps G.703 co-directional data channel