E1 DACS (DXC)- 16 Ports Digital Access Cross Connect Switch - VCL-MegaConnect-Jr.
Valiant offers its 16 port E1 Digital Access Cross Connect Switch (DACS / DXC) (and T1 DACS) for applications including access cross-connect, Hi-Z (high impedance) monitoring, automatic protection switching (1+1 APS). All models are available with TCP-IP remote access and monitoring facility.
The VCL-MegaConnect-Jr. 16 Port, E1 Digital Cross Connect Switch, is an E1 digital cross connect switch, which presents its user an easy to use, yet a sophisticated platform to cross connect up to 16 E1 ports. E1 Digital Cross Connect Switch offers full cross connect functionality to cross connect, and/or aggregate DS-0s, "n"x64Kbps consecutive data channels and fractional E1 channels to full E1 channels.
The 16 Port E1 Digital Cross Connect Switch occupies only a 2U high rack-space and is a complete 19-inch stand-alone unit that provides connectivity of up to 16 E1 ports. The unit operates on a -48V DC input power-supply (AC input adapter is optional).
The system is supplied with a CLI text-based, easy-to-use interface that offers the user complete control to prepare multiple configuration maps (and store them as data files) and the ease of downloading them from a PC. Dry contact relay alarms are also available at rear of the system to connect the system to an external alarm.
The 16 Port E1 Digital Cross Connect Switch also has a TCP-IP Access feature which allows the DACS to be connected on a TCP-IP network (10/100 base interface) for remote access for configuration and monitoring.
The 16 Port E1 DACS - VCL-MegaConnect Jr can also be ordered for special non- intrusive (Hi-Z) monitoring applications in which (pre-assigned monitoring ports) E1 ports can be connected to monitoring/billing equipment for live traffic monitoring (non-intrusive monitoring).
Features & Highlights
- Stratum 3 clock
- Remote TCP/IP access for configuration and monitoring
- 16 E1 ports (and T1 ports) configuration available
- Configurable from 2 E1 ports to 16 E1 ports depending on user requirements
- Reduce access costs by combining partially loaded E1s to a single E1
- Text based user friendly CLI for easy configuration
- Telnet option
- Monitoring and Grooming applications
- ISP providing fractional E1s to subscribers
- Data aggregating fractional E1 data circuits
- Cellular extending fractional E1 ports from MTSO to cell-sites
- Specifying the priority sequence for clock selection
- Enabling or disabling 2Mbps Ports (masking) of the 2Mbps ports that are not in use
- Creating a cross connect between E1s at DS-O level (single time-slot level) using the CLI command
- Clock selection
- Status of alarms
- Enabled/Disabled status of 2Mbps ports
- Monitoring of the 16 Port E1 DACS - VCL-MegaConnect -Jr status and configuration
- Loss of incoming signal at all 2 Mbps ports
- Configuration error alarm
- In addition to the above monitoring facilities, 16 Port E1 DACS - VCL-MegaConnect-Jr is provided with LEDs, which indicate various fault conditions.