Key Features and Highlights
- 120Mbps, 80 T1 fully non-blocking cross-connect at 64Kbps (DS-0) level (1920 DS-0 any to any time-slot cross-connect)
- Scalable from 8 T1 Ports to 80 T1 Ports
- 1+1 Control Card Processor Redundancy
- 1+1 Cross-Connect / TSI Redundancy
- 1+1 Timing (Synchronization Clock) Redundancy
- 1+1 -48V DC Power Supply Redundancy (Dual Power Input allows the equipment to be powered from two separate -48V DC sources)
- Bit Error Rate (BER) monitoring BER thresholds to generate BER alarms automatically whenever alarm limits are exceeded
- Telnet remote access
- SNMP traps
- Maintains Access Security Log
- USB and RS232, Interface for local connection through the serial interface to the "Network Control and Management Software”
- User Selectable Internal, External and Loop-timed clock synchronization priority options
- Local and remote loopback facility.
OAM: Operation and Management Ports
- RS232 Serial Port
- USB COM Port
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet for remote access.
Security and Protection
- Secured Access via SSH V2
- Password Protection: Password Protection in compliance with the mandatory clauses of the GR-815-CORE-2 specifications for secured access control.
- Logging: Maintains a log of all successful and un-successful attempts.
- Logged information includes the ID and the IP address of the accessing entities.
- Alerts the administrator if the un-successful logging attempts exceed three.
- Security Audit: All access logs for up to 30 days are maintained for security audit purposes.
- Security log entry of any request or activity including that user-ID (including IP address, if applicable), to establish user accountability.
- Report Generation / Audit Trail.
- Security Administration.
Timing (Clock) Synchronization
||Internal Clock, Loop-Timed Clock, External Clock. User selectable synchronization priority
||Internal Clock, span clock timing derived from incoming T1 links (Loop-Timed), External Clock, 75 Ohms (TTL), or 1.544 Mbps (100 Ohms BITS clock)
System Architectural Details
VCL-MX Version 6, is a scalable DXC that may be used to cross-connect at DS-0 (64Kbps time-slot level) from 8 T1 Ports to 80 T1 Ports (120Mbps). The VCL-MX Version 6 DXC has a multi-slot chassis with TDM backplane. In the chassis, there are ten (10) T1 interface card slots. Each T1 Interface Card has 8 T1 Ports.
Two slots are reserved for 1+1 redundant control cards, which includes the redundant cross connect, processor, TSI and clock synchronization / timing functions. One dedicated slot exists for an OAM card and two slots for 1+1 redundant power supply cards.
Chassis / System Backplane
All connections are made at the rear of the chassis, providing interconnections between the various plug-in cards and to the network. VCL-MX Version 6 - 80 T1, 120Mbps Digital Access Cross Connect Switch supports high-density T1 interface cards.
An extensive set of alarms, for easy maintenance are provided in the system.
VCL-MX Version 6 – 80 T1, 120 Mbps Digital Access Cross Connect Switch offers a variety of management options. The equipment may be configured using CLI (English text) commands, or a GUI (Graphical User Interface). The management and configuration commands may be executed from a VT100 terminal, Windows HyperTerminal, any DOS-based system, Linux or UNIX based system, or Telnet (remote configuration and management).
The equipment provides a wide choice of access ports for connecting to and executing management and configuration commands through its OAM Card.
The OAM card provides
- COM Port (RS232 Serial Port).
- USB Port
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port (each multiplexer may be assigned an IP address and connected to a LAN / IP network for remote access and management through the 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port for out-of-band configuration, management and access).
- Synchronization Clock Selection
- Status of alarms
- Enabled/Disabled status of 1.544 Mbps T1 ports
- Monitoring the 80 Port T1 DACS status and configuration
- Monitoring of T1 Link status: LOS, LOF, AIS, RA
Alarm status and monitoring
- Loss of incoming signal at all 1.544 Mbps T1 Ports
- Configuration error alarm
- 1 to 80 T1 Ports LED indicators
- 5V DC present
- -48V DC present
- Configuration error.
External Alarm - Contact Closures
- 1 Alarm relay Type - Form “C”